Our latest Team VJ member Anna Bachman has been running with VJ shoes for long and really likes them. The great fact that Anna got selected to World Orienteering Championships in Sweden in Strömstad gave the cooperation new boost and now we at VJ can with pleasure follow this talent on her career.
– World Championships in Strömstad have been a dream aim for me for years. I thought that maybe they come few years too early comparing to my improvement, but now I am really happy I made it there, Anna smiles.
Before the selection races Anna herself knew she has good changes to make it to the team and as the races both long and middle went well, waiting for the call from Swedish coach Håkan Carlson was exciting.
– I was a little nervous for few days before Håkan called me. I couldn’t have decided myseld which distance, long or middle, I prefer. I got middle and now I am really happy with it.
Anna has a clear plan before woc. O-Ringen in Sälen was part of her harder training period with a lot of training hours. In August it is time for faster and tougher sessions to find the speed for Strömstad. Last week before the woc she is then going to rest and take it easy.
– Right now, in middle of harder training period, I feel a little tired but at woc in the end of August I will be on my top shape.
Woc 2016 is going to be Anna’s first world championships in adult level. First time brings some extra nervousness and Anna believes in future woc is going to be one way easier to prepare for.
– This year my goal is to do my best and especially technically not to do mistakes. Of course I would as well like to run the relay but so do all the others. In future I want to run more championships and win a World Championship medal one day, Anna tells her future goals.
This Stockholm based young lady is going to start working this autumn, but focus is going to stay in orienteering.
– I graduated this spring and now I got a job with 70 % working hours. I am really happy to find something relevant to my engineer education. Working will help economically but still there is time for training too.